incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Top level question on website migration
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:43:40 GMT

On Jun 27, 2011, at 2:10 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> [...]

Yes, I had a very big learning curve ten years ago. I've project managed / led development
of some B2B sites for the past 11 years.

I'm not bringing client side app writing chops to OOo, I'm bringing non-OOo document experience
with PDF and MS Office. We generate such from our work websites. Creating and assembling content
according to user's requests and producing PPT and PDF on the fly.

We've also done some development with Excel Plug-ins that talk to our website and exchange
data.

I'm not afraid of it, but for this one we need to be very careful.

>> So, we at AOOo would have to prove we have the community and  procedures in
>> place in order to get to this point.
>>
>> Whatever we might do  starts on a private site, or in an approved Apache jail.
>> And if so the choices  are here,
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/services.html#virtual-servers,  correct?
>
> The solaris zone stuff is outdated.  We've replaced zones with freebsd jails.
> Otherwise you'd get a vmware instance, and if it's linux you want we'd install
> ubuntu.

Glad I asked.

Regards,
Dave