incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject Licensing odma.h (was RE: Some more strange files in the OOo code - the Ghost of ODMA Past)
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 02:20:13 GMT
The ODMA Support showed up in the Novell editions of OpenOffice.org.

I don't think the copyright notice in odma.h should be a problem. What is missing is any additional
information about the license.  Also not sure why you need it if there is no code that uses
it in the base distribution.

If you want, I am sure I can make an updated version of the file, clear it with Betsy Fanning
at AIIM (although that BSD-style license is meant to apply to all current code), and post
an updated odma.h on the web site.

Is that useful or would I be wasting my time?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Kai Sommerfeld [mailto:kai.sommerfeld@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 02:50
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Some more strange files in the OOo code - the Ghost of ODMA Past

Hi,

  as far as I can tell LibreOffice does include ODMA support (the code
from ucb module plus patches here and there, inluding special file
dialogs and the like), vanilla OpenOffice.org as it can be downloaded
from download.openoffice.org definitely never did. The former speaks for
not completely removing ODMA files, just to "ban" odma.h from the ucb
source module.

  I agree that improving WebDAV and introducing CMIS support should have
higher priority than fixing ODMA.

- Kai.

On 21.06.11 11:19, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Oh dear, my past comes along to haunt me.
>
> If you go to the home page, http://odma.info, you'll see that the other Downloads link
is to ODMA License 1.0 (modeled on the BSD License).  If you look in the lower right hand
corner of the license page, you'll know why I should be hiding behind the sofa.

[ ... ]