incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Podling website
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 04:41:09 GMT
An Aside:

The Libre Office documentation team is using Alfresco.  Not sure they are doing anything beyond
using the document-management features, although there is web content management there too.

Jean Hollis Weber has direct experience that might be useful.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 17:41
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Podling website

Anakia is "sooooo last decade" technology and has some requirements
for everybody that wants to use it (eg. java :-)

If the new CMS can be used, then I'd recommend going with that. It
would be nice to get the community working with that today, as it
should be a good tool to use in the long-term. (Anakia gets to be a
pain for larger sites)

The CMS is newer than that documentation, which may be why it "prefers" anakia.

Please take a look, and I can help with any authz bits or other setup
(just lemme know what I need to do).

IOW, my +1 is for the CMS. If we find that the community doesn't like
it, then we can make another choice for the long-term site.

Cheers,
-g