incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 03:58:04 GMT
Well, JIRA identifies project leads, one per project.  What can I say.

I notice that JIRA automatically offers to find issues by bugzilla numbers.  I don't know
how that works when more than one bugzilla base is imported.

I was jumping the gun.  I'll just have to keep scraps of paper in my pockets until we figure
it out.

 - Dennis

(who has been watching through all of the old BBC "About Frost" episodes, hence the scraps
of papers -- I don't dare do that).

Wow, this is so much like taking a job in an established company and having to figure out
who knows who, who to go to for answers, where the office supplies are, what's taboo, and
what all the private language is.  I thought I was done with that, but it is fascinating to
see how it works in the unique setting that is the world of Apache Software Foundation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stein []
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 20:10
Subject: Re: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?

Below, I was referring to the INFRA-3684 ticket.

I haven't been tracking the list as closely today. I'm not sure where
the consensus landed on the "which bug tracking system?" question.
Once that choice is made, then somebody can file a ticket with INFRA
to set up the ticketing system.

Note: if Bugzilla is chosen, then we will want a "new" instance,
rather than using the shared Bugzilla instance. That will allow us to
port over the old BZ database.

And there is no such thing as "project lead" at Apache. Everybody is a peer.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 22:34, Dennis E. Hamilton
<> wrote:
> I notice that there is no JIRA Incubator Project for OpenOffice yet.
> Something the project lead does?  (Now we get to find out who that is.)
>  - Dennis
> PS: I thought that might be an issue for the JIRA Incubator Incubator Project, and then
I thought, nahhh.

View raw message