incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Where can I put Japanese translation of a wiki page? (was: Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 02:34:18 GMT
Thank you for the offer.  That is a great idea.

I carried out an experiment.  It is possible to add a link from <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal>
to a page <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal/ja>
and then provide the Japanese translation there.

(I did not attempt to enter Japanese text.  I assume that Moin Moin wikiText entry is in Unicode.)

My suggestion:
 1. Create the text "off-line" in case you need to put it somewhere else.
 2. Create an account for yourself on the http://www.wiki.apache.org/incubator wiki.  It is
a public wiki.
 3. Create the page at <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal/ja>.
 4. When one of the mentors or incubator team responds that it is all right to make the Japanese
version available: We can edit the English OpenOfficeProposal to link to the Japanese version.
 5. If not, perhaps there is a place on a wiki or web site known to the Japanese language
OpenOffice.org community where the copy can be placed.

More suggestions:
  1. In the Japanese version, please link back to the English version of the proposal.
  Provide a date for when you created your version.
  (The English version has been changing in only small ways.  Some on the initial committer
list add "Yes" when their ICLA is recorded at Apache.)

BONUS:
  This is not a wiki page: <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html>.
 I think a Japanese language mirror of the content might be valuable to the Japanese OpenOffice.org
community.  This page will be changing more.
  As far as I know, the working language of Apache is English.