incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Subversion history
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:07:28 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 16:56
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Subversion history

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 19:00, Tor Lillqvist <tml@iki.fi> wrote:
>>> If you want the older binary releases, then make a proposal and a list.
>>
>> OK, I'll compile the list of archived release files.
>
> But would ASF be able to distribute such binary releases (and the
> corresponding sources) that include non-Oracle LGPL bits?

Probably not, but in more recent years, we've been talking about how
to distribute non-ALv2 from ASF hardware. Essentially along the lines
of, "this is not ASF software; we are providing it here as a
convenience." We just don't want to mislead people to think they are
Apache releases or Apache-licensed.

Identifying the archival releases that need to be saved is important,
regardless. Maybe the TDF could distribute those, or maybe OSU/OSL or
one of our mirror providers. I've got to believe that a volunteer
provider would be willing to hold the archives.

Cheers,
-g