incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Wiki for the project
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:39:41 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:apache@robweir.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:35
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Wiki for the project

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <
dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

> It strikes me that there are two different wikis being talked about right
> now.

At least.

> One is one that we need in the podling for incubation activities.

That was what I was thinking. A wiki where we could start laying on the plan
for the next week, month, quarter, listing the tasks that we think need to
be done, in what order, along with who volunteers to do them.   With a
project of this size I think we'll quickly be stepping on each other's toes
if we don't have some way to coordinate.  It could be done in an issue
tracker as well.  But I think a wiki is easiest to get started with.

So my proposal is we continue using the list to discuss, but use a wiki to
record the "plan of record", which is always open to further debate on the
list, as well as revision.

> The other(s) are wikis that are part of the OpenOffice.org infrastructure
> for a variety of purposes and may be public facing in different ways.

Right.  That is something else, very important, but less urgent.  But these
are related.  We should develop a plan on the podling wiki for how we will
migrate the user-facing OpenOffice.org wiki to Apache infrastructure.

-Rob

I'm not sure they should be comingled at this point.  After all, something