incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Wiki for the project - wiki.services.openoffice.org provenance
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:39:41 GMT
What caught my eye was the statement that some material was under special licensing and you'd
have to notice that on an individual-page basis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:51
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Wiki for the project - wiki.services.openoffice.org provenance

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 13:37, Frank Peters
<frank.thomas.peters@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 14.06.2011 18:05, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
>>
>> There are two pages that caught my attention immediately on visiting
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org.
>>
>> There is this one:
>> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Wiki:Copyrights>.
>>
>> And that leads to this interesting one:
>> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Authors_licensing_declaration>.
>>
>> None of those are what I would call permissive.
>
> The question is whether Oracle as copyright holder actually donates
> the contents of the wiki under ASL (or any document equivalent of it)
> as well. Same holds for the website content.

There is an ASLv1.0 and ASLv1.1. There is an ALv2.

The "S" was dropped in order to apply it to documentation :-)

If Oracle owns the copyright to any or all of the wiki content, then
they can place it under our standard Software Grant, and we can
license as we choose (ALv2 or (say) one of the CC licenses).

Cheers,
-g