incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:16:57 GMT
My suggestion is to leave them both be for now, but reserve the incubator/openofficeorg/ one
for whatever is brought over, in whatever structure it is brought over in.  Not sure what
that leaves ooo/ for, but I'm sure we can think of something, especially since we are in a
kind of quiet period where I don't think we should be rolling OpenOffice.org code just yet.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 09:57
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)

I wanted to raise this query to the surface for input: the name in the
repository. This is easily changed, so it's really just about ongoing
perception.

* I used "ooo" to match the mailing list names and to keep URLs short
* Christian used "openofficeorg" to match some podling references

Do people have any preference? I'll rejigger the directories after a
reasonably clear consensus. I can see both approaches.

I may be able to immediately start some authz stuff, per Sam's note.

Cheers,
-g