incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Teams and Leads (was: Proposed short term goals)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:48:58 GMT

(Workforces might not be a good term.  I can see specialized lists for addressing particular
subject areas that have their own specialized traffic, but it is careful to avoid suggesting
organizational division when what we are doing is filtering traffic.  There are other ways
to do that, but separate lists are very effective, because they don't depend on complex subject-line

-----Original Message-----
From: IngridvdM []
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 03:47
Subject: Re: Teams and Leads (was: Proposed short term goals)

[ ... ]

I would like to try the structures and ways Apache has. That everybody
has a voice at Apache and that the goal is to seek consensus by
exchanging arguments is a very democratic aspect. That in the end those
do that choose to participate more is the meritocratic aspect. I think
this is highly fair.
I am not so convinced that the structures we had on old OOo have been
good. Obviously there has been to much room for distrust and hidden
discussions, so repeatedly individuals or whole groups felt excluded on
multiple sides.

I am really in favor of going without anyone being named leader or
manager or any name that could create the impression that this person
has more rights than the others. Maybe we can choose 'contact' as a
neutral description in case something turns out to be needed? Or is
there even a more neutral word?

Christian Grobmeier has mentioned "workforces". That sounds interesting.
Is there more about that in the documentation somewhere?

View raw message