incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Contributors versus Committers versus PMC members - AND USERS
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 22:42:10 GMT
PPS: It is also useful to have a hyperlink to the archive if you want to forward the link to
someone's attention rather than include the full text.  I also figure if I include a link
to the full post in a reply, I can avoid repeating parts of the post I am not responding to
and also escape the wrath of bottom-posting-vigilantes and the in-line-posting-hideen.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 15:38
To: 'ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Contributors versus Committers versus PMC members - AND USERS

I agree about both.

With regard to mailing lists, I am very fond of mailing lists that provide a bottom notice
that (1) instructs people in a near-trivial means to unsubscribe and (2) provides a link to
the public archive.  It removes a lot of mystery, especially because I prune mail folders
and often need to go back.

 - Dennis

PS: A bonus that I have not seen is a list server that also includes links to the archives
for each post included in a digest or in the bottom-notice of individual list forwardings.