incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Getting to UTF-8 on SVN (was svn commit: r1137103 - in /incubator/ooo/site:)
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 05:13:47 GMT
One way would be to introduce some sort of escape that turns into the ";" but there's more
to deal with, I'm sure, between there and response headers.  (And DIFF/PATCH creation).  It's
a long journey [;<).

 - Dennis

Or, I could taunt the gods of leaking abstractions and try a well-placed .htaccess AddCharset
command, which is how I handle it on my web sites.  Nah, couldn't work and not very communal
anyhow.

On the other hand, we can see how using Zip as an ODF carrier avoids a lot of problems that
can arise when passing around XML documents that rely on Unicode.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 21:29
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn commit: r1137103 - in /incubator/ooo/site: ./ trunk/ trunk/cgi-bin/ trunk/content/
trunk/content/openofficeorg/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/css/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/docs/
trunk/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/ trunk/content/open

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 00:03, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> The problem I have is not MIME type, autoprops of that is fine.  It is the inability
to specify parameters with the type, especially charset.

Gotcha. I don't have an answer on that right now. Kind of a bummer
that svn's mime-type format validation doesn't allow for that. That
won't be fixable in the near/mid term, unfortunately.

Cheers,
-g