incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Native Language vs l10n
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:30:41 GMT
Khirano san,

On ooo-dev we are talking now about how to support language communities.

Please help my understanding.  I am ignorant.  I have too many questions.  Answer in parts
may be good.

 - Dennis

QUESTIONS

Does the Japanese Language Project do any work to prepare distributions for the Japanese Language
community?  Could it do so?

Does it provide the translation work for the distribution?

Is all of the release internationalization done in the language pack?

I see http://ja.openoffice.org
http://ja.openoffice.org/howtoparticipate.html
I see openoffice.org SVN subtree for the JA language project.  I see ja project issues in
the combined Bugzilla issue tracker.  The SVN and Bugzilla infrastructure seems to be in English.
 Could this work separately?

I also see
http://ftp-srv2.kddilabs.jp/office/openoffice/localized/ja/3.3.0/

I think this is mirror of
ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/openoffice/localized/ja/3.3.0/
Yes?

What is your thinking about parts of Japanese language project working separate from Apache
development?  About coordination of language pack and Apache release and QA?  About ways to
avoid delays in release to users in language communities?