incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 19:12:47 GMT
There is a lengthy reply from Khiranosan with even more amazing details.  I am certain that
it was intended for the list, but it only came to me.  I have requested that he send it to
the list when his day begins.

 - Dennis

(I must find out what the etiquette is for using -san with a nickname [or an User ID!].  I
do know Japanese who introduce themselves to Westerners by a nickname.  Hmm.)

-----Original Message-----
From: IngridvdM [mailto:IngridvdM@gmx-topmail.de]
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:36
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?

Hi Khirano!

Am 17.06.2011 23:47, schrieb Kazunari Hirano:
> Hi Ingrid and all,
>
> Good morning from Japan!

Good evening from Europe! :-)

> https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&shva=1#mbox/13092fb952d439e1
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 4:10 AM, IngridvdM<IngridvdM@gmx-topmail.de>  wrote:
>> Kazunari Hirano, can you say a word on this? Is there end
>> user support in Japanese language somewhere on OOo infrastructure or is the
>> international support used, or neither?
>
> OpenOffice.org Japanese Language Project's marketing project regards
> its web pages (http://ja.openoffice.org), its mailing lists
> (xxx@ja.openoffice.org), its forum
> (http://user.services.openoffice.org/ja/forum/), its twitter
> (http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=jaopenofficeorg), its wiki
> pages (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:PrefixIndex/JA/)
> as our marketing tools and user support tools, all of which are
> operating in Japanese :)
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/JA/Marketing/Members
>
> As you see the wiki page above, marketing project members share tasks.
> For example, Nakata, Maho, is in charge of watching discuss@council,
> recruiting developers, writing developer interview articles, updating
> and enhancing official information on the forum, issuing Welcome mails
> to new observers, organizing blogs by ja members, tweeting at
> twitter@jaopenofficeorg, editing the leftside menu project_tools.html
> of the web page.
>
> Hirano, kazunari is in charge of watching com@native-lang,
> dev@marketing, dev@website, discuss@council, dev@documentation,
> discuss@ux, ui@ux, dev@education, working as Marketing Project
> Coordinator, writing and issuing Press Releases, Announcements, being
> an administrator for Community Forum, organizing Internship, Contests,
> updating special OpenOffice.org 3 forum within the forum.
>
> I think the forum is working very well as user support tool in
> Japanese with 3468 posts, 878 topics and 1432 registered users
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/ja/forum/

Wow, thats impressive! I am sorry that I even cannot read a single
Japanese word, but the pure amount is already amazing :-).

I really hope we can find ways to provide a new home here at Apache for
all the stuff! Seems that others are already working on the topic for
finding a home for the forum, so I would like to look at the mailing
lists again. The lists of the Japanese project are listed here:
http://openoffice.org/projects/ja/lists

Khirano, can you say word on how the two lists dev@ja.openoffice.org and
discuss@ja.openoffice.org are used? Are the things discussed there of
interest for the international project? If so it might be worth thinking
about doing some of the discussions in English on the general ooo-dev
list! Maybe you can invite the people from that lists to participate
here? I am still searching for ways to connect us better :-).

Thanks for all the informations!
Ingrid