incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Wiki for the project
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:05:20 GMT
It strikes me that there are two different wikis being talked about right now.

One is one that we need in the podling for incubation activities.

The other(s) are wikis that are part of the OpenOffice.org infrastructure for a variety of
purposes and may be public facing in different ways.

I'm not sure they should be comingled at this point.  After all, something we may need quickly
in the podling is a wiki where we gather around the campfire on what the others are and what
to do with them, how long will they stay where they are, etc.

 - Dennis

PS: I know that the LibreOffice folk have been rapidly rebranding and reissuing user documentation
as well, along with on-line and off-line help.  I am not sure whether it is all Creative Commons
Attribution (some have that as part of a dual licensing, it appears, others seem to be rather
murky concerning what the license might be), but I suspect we need to give some consideration
to whether and how that effort is accommodated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Peters [mailto:frank.thomas.peters@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 05:55
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: fpe@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: Wiki for the project

What will happen to the existing wiki at
   http://wiki.services.openoffice.org
which has quite some content (including
the main documentation pieces)?

Would we maintain two wikis or merge
into Apache infrastructure? How can we
migrate existing content?

I'd be eager to help with migration efforts (I
have admin rights on the wiki).

Frank