incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Failure to have Unicode (UTF-8) text at the SVN (was svn commit: r1137103 - in /incubator/ooo/site:... )
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 03:40:58 GMT
No joy.

Nothing I do prevents the SVN server from coughing up text files as Western Europe (ISO) encoding.

I wonder if it was simply a coincidence that it appeared to work on the OIC SVN.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 19:27
To: 'ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org'
Cc: 'robweir@apache.org'
Subject: RE: svn commit: r1137103 - in /incubator/ooo/site: ./ trunk/ trunk/cgi-bin/ trunk/content/
trunk/content/openofficeorg/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/css/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/docs/
trunk/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/ trunk/content/open

I looked at the properties on folders in my working copies and I have no issue tracker integration.
 The TortoiseSVN settings on my computer have no Issue Tracker Hooks and there are no SVN
properties being asserted automatically on folders.

So I think I'm in the clear.  I'm always running the latest TortoiseSVN (64-bit if that matters).

 - Dennis

I was still bummed that I can't set

   *.txt=svn:mime-type=text/plain;charset=UTF-8

I was certain I'd figured out how to do it for the OIC SVN, but those TortoiseSVN and SVN
clients were on a machine I don't have any more (sigh).

I FOUND IT IN MY OIC SVN WORKING FOLDER on my home server.  SVN appears to recognizes a mime.types
file in a repository folder, and autoprops are additive to that.  (Or the web server is doing
it.  I don't care.)

I switched to doing all MIME types in the file and using autoprops in the client only for
other things.  Hmm.  I do love that I narrate my repos:
<http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oic/SpecAnalysis/mime.types>
(and that applies to .types too, if you check your browser encoding selection for viewing
that page).

I must experiment with this.  I know a good place.