incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Bootstrapping a build
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:07:21 GMT
Well, they're actually hosted on Google Code, which is interesting:
<http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/>

  Many seem to have no extras and many extras are also licensed with ALv2.  Once I found a
GPL one, I stopped looking further:
<http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/search?q=label%3aCamel>.

This may definitely be useful for us, used with care.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Grobmeier [mailto:grobmeier@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 07:04
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping a build

> dmake is GPLed and hosted at openoffice.org, because the original developers
> have abandoned it long time ago. We never made binary releases of dmake and
> we don't need to do it in the future, but we need to find an "official"
> place for the dmake source code, so that we can build a binary version for
> us that can be used to build OOo.
>
> Advice from our mentors is needed here.

So far we do not host GPL code (incubator might be an exception).

Do you know this:
http://www.apache-extras.org

It is google code for ASF related projects, which do not really fit
into the ASF.

I would suggest that we a create an project there especially for code
like dmake.
Every committer can have commit access to this project on request.

I know this is done from other projects who care about necessary code,
which do not belong to the original core.

What this be an option for you?