From Sahan Gamage <sah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception: In event detail and select event is null
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 19:39:40 GMT
I was able to track down what happens to some more details:

When a user sends a request to root ("/"). router has a rule to
redirect it to events:index.
In the events_controller where index is handled, the request is
checked to see whether it is a request by a logged in user (by
checking the session id).
If it is a request by a logged in user, a redirect is done to /home
(redirect_to(home_path)). This is where thin outputs 302 status with
"You are being redirected" message. From what I read about rails
redirects this behavior seems correct
(http://rails.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionController/Base.html#M000468).
I am not sure why it has not occurred before to anybody when doing
testing (may be my environment is still not exactly as expected to
be).
Anyways, what I did to fix this was enable setFollowRedirects in http
client at the OlioDriver (http.setFollowRedirects(true)). I am not
sure this is the perfect solution. But so far it is working for me.

Thanks
-sahan