From ZD Yu <zdyu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: image files with upper case file name do not exist
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 01:47:07 GMT
Finally I found the root cause of my problem. This is because after
reloading the filesstore, the sub-directories under filestore will be erased
and recreated by the reloading user (i.e., root), so the Apache processes
(run as daemon user) do not have write permisstion to the filestore.

If users choose to reload filestore manually, they can "chmod -R 777
filestore" everytime. But if users choose to reload filestore automatically
in Faban UI, they do not have a chance to chmod at all. Should this be a
bug? I am very curious why it has not been reported before...

Thanks, ZD

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Shanti Subramanyam <
shanti.subramanyam@gmail.com> wrote:

> The geocoder does not write images to the filestore. However, if the calls
> to the geocoder fail, the Add* operations fail causing the image file
> mess-up you are seeing. Can you  look in your summary report and see if the
> Add operations are being recorded as failed ? I'm wondering if there is some
> bug that is causing the transaction not to be rolled back cleanly.
>
> Configure the geocoder as documented. You need an instance of Tomcat
> running. We typically use one of the driver systems itself to run the
> geocoder.
>
> Seeing connections in TIME_WAIT itself is not a problem. It becomes a
> problem only if you're trying to create a very large number of connections.
> The default time_wait_interval is too large for benchmarks. You can reduce
> this at the OS level.
>
> Shanti
>

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM, ZD Yu <zdyu2000@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have found this error was caused by the communication between the
>> webserver and geocoder server.
>>
>> In my setup, I installed the geocoder server on db system (a separate
>> system from web server). During the workload is running, I observed a lot of
>> TCP connections to db:8080 with TIME_WAIT status on the web server. I guess
>> the response from geocoder is too slow, so that some operations were not
>> executed (like writing image file to filestore).
>>
>> To verify it, I changed the /etc/hosts file on web server, to point
>> GEOCODER_HOST to 127.0.0.1 (i.e, the web server itself, on which there is NO
>> geocoder server running). After the change, all the error messages were
>> gone.
>>
>> The question is: How should I configure the geocoder server properly to
>> avoid this error?
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 8:03 AM, ZD Yu <zdyu2000@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Intel Xeon dual-processor server with RedHat EL5.4 x86_64.

it seems your DB is out of sync.