From Alexander Stage <st...@in.tum.de>
Subject Re: exceptions/warnings during benchmark run
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:21:48 GMT
Dear Sankalp,

thanks for your quick reply. Restarting glassfish solved problem 1 (I guess it
is a caching issue in the persistence layer, even though I set the
-DcacheOlio=false flag).

the solution to problem 2 troubles me a little bit, as I am planning to generate
variable load profiles. However, your solution to problem 2 solved to the issue.
Is the second issue a java implementation specific one (do the php or ruby
implementations do not suffer from this "limitation" ?)

I'll give the variable load profiles a try later on. Again, thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Alex

Sankalp Gera wrote:
> I did face similar problems long time back. I guess you are not
> restarting your webserver which is possibly causing  the first issue
> whereas to resolve the second issue I guess you need to maintain the
> number of concurrent users same as the number for which DB is loaded.
> I am not sure of the second solution but the first one should work.
>
> Sankalp
>
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Shanti Subramanyam
> <shanti.subramanyam@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have certainly seen the errors you refer to but my memory is bad and I
>> don't recall the exact solution.
>>
>> One issue that everyone runs into is the fact that the filestore may not be
>> writable by the server process. If you run faban as the same user as
>> glassfish, this should work. If not, the image file creates will fail
>> causing the 2. error below. That error should usually result in a stack
>> trace in the server log. Are you sure there is nothing in the log ?
>> I suggest delete the filestore entirely and re-populating it if you can't
>> make progress.
>>
>> For 1., if you can't manually login, it seems like either the database is
>> messed up or the driver is not in synch with it. Can you please do a SQL
>> query on the database and see what username/passwords you see (send a few in
>> email - say the first 10 rows).
>>
>> Shanti
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Alexander Stage <stage@in.tum.de> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am running the java olio benchmark on glassfishv3 (3.0.1), jdk 1.6.21,
>>> (sandboxed) mysql 5.5.5 on centos 5.5. The database as well as the filestore
>>> have been populated  for 1000 users. The database gets populated before each
>>> run. The webapp runs fine when testing it manually as suggested in the user
>>> guide.
>>>
>>> The following problems occur for runs with any amount of users (25 -
>>> 1000):
>>>
>>> 1. During a benchmark run I am getting a lot of
>>> "java.lang.RuntimeException: Found login prompt at index 748, Login as X, Y