From Alexander Stage <st...@in.tum.de>
Subject exceptions/warnings during benchmark run
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:41:19 GMT
Dear all,

I am running the java olio benchmark on glassfishv3 (3.0.1), jdk 1.6.21,
(sandboxed) mysql 5.5.5 on centos 5.5. The database as well as the filestore
have been populated  for 1000 users. The database gets populated before each
run. The webapp runs fine when testing it manually as suggested in the user guide.

The following problems occur for runs with any amount of users (25 - 1000):

1. During a benchmark run I am getting a lot of "java.lang.RuntimeException:
Found login prompt at index 748, Login as X, Y failed." warning messages in the
run log. These execptions do not seem to have a counterpart in the server logs.
And indeed, when try to log into the system as user X using passwd Y, the login
does not succeed. Actually only a very few users (the first five created in the
db) are able to login. For a short run with 25 users (360 seconds steady state)
this  behavior results in 1 successful logins and 178 failed ones.

2. Additionally I can see quite a lot of "Duplicate entry 'l88i778w' for key
'PERSON_USER_IDX'" exceptions in the server log that (I guess) cause warnings in
the run log as follows: "java.io.IOException: Multipart Post did not work,
returned status code: 500".

Are these known problems ? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex