From Shanti Subramanyam <shanti.subraman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about using Olio-java 0.2
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 18:19:55 GMT
CC'ing olio-user as that is the right forum for these questions.
Answers below.

Shanti

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:31 PM, hao zhang <julius.haozhang@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,All
> I have some doubt about using the apache-olio-java-0.2. Is it possible
> to use one master to control multiple pairs of workload driver and
> SUT?

 I assume you are using the term SUT to mean the system or set of systems
that are running the Olio application.

> Suppose that I have four machines. Two of them are used as workload
> driver and two as SUTs. One workload driver drives load to one SUT.
> Can I use one faban driver to control them? Thanks.

If you're question is whether you can have the application run on multiple
systems (ie. two instances on two systems) with one driver running each
server and benchmark the whole thing as one unit, you can certainly do that.
You can run the master on any one of the driver systems. You can specify as
many host:port pairs as you want for both driver systems as well as the web
server systems they will be connecting to. By sure to run at least 1 agent
on each driver system (i.e. total of 2 drivers for the above config).

> - Hui

Shanti