From Sankalp Gera <sankalp293g...@gmail.com>
Subject Glassfish error with increasing workload
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:36:41 GMT
Hello all,

I am using glassfish v2.1 for my olio setup. When I increase my
workload from 100 to 125 users I start getting errors like
'java.net.BindException: Address already in use' followed by
'SocketException: Too many files open'. I have already set the limit
for no. of open files to 90,000 on each of the machines in SUT, and
'lsof | wc -l' only results in around 2500 open files during the runs.
I have also tried manipulating the variable values in domain.xml to
solve the 'address bind' issue like increasing the processing-threads
count etc, but the error still persists. This results in 2/3rd of the
requests failing.

Also, the server log doesn't report any error regarding this.

Has anybody faced a similar problem? Can someone please share his/her
domain.xml file for glassfish or suggest a possible solution to it?

Thanks in advance,
Sankalp