From Shanti Subramanyam <shanti.subraman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with olio+faban
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 05:21:36 GMT
On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Sankalp Gera <sankalp293gera@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am using the java version of Olio. I have deployed the application
> and it seems to be running fine. However, when I use faban to drive
> the workload I encounter some errors. The errors/warnings are listed
> below for a workload of 25 users with db and filestore set up for 40
> users.(just the initial setup)
>

> 1) I cannot load the filestore from the faban interface. This is
> usually what I get ... '/mnt/sdb1/filestore is not a directory' .
> However I have manually loaded the filestore and olio seems to be
> working with it perfectly. However an error is reported when I try to
> edit my profile.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence above - is this related to the
filestore load ? The only thing I can think of is some permission issue.
What user is faban running as and does that user have write permission to
the filestore ?
Can you please cut-n-paste the relevant portion of the log ? If it throws an
exception, please show the stack trace as well.

> 2) I also get around 35-40 warnings pertaining to 'Image:
> http://192.168.10.13:8080/webapp/access-artifacts/xxxxx.jpg size 0' ..
> Its strange because I did not make any changes to my set up and
> earlier I was not getting such errors.

I have seen these. I think this is related to the images not getting
uploaded correctly in the AddEvent/AddPerson operations. You can turn on
FINE or FINEST logging level in your appserver to track this down. We have
lots of debug log msgs from the java olio app.

> 3) Also I usually get significant number of warnings reporting
> 'Multipart post did not work' when it tries to add a person.

This is also a common error. Look at the server log.

> 4) Also there are issues with copying of log and error files. It
> reports that files like server.log etc do not exist when actually they are
> there.
>
> Are you using glassfish ? If not, this won't work. Even for glassfish, if
you have configured log files wilth non-default names, then things won't
work.

Feel free to post your run.xml if you can't make progress.

> Thanks,
> Sankalp

Shanti