incubator-olio-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Amanda Waite <amandarwa...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: faban's dbloader.sh crashes
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 09:44:21 GMT
I agree totally with Akara that it's a locale issue. If MySQL is correctly
setup for your locale you should be able to get around this specific issue
but as Akara rightly points out you may then run into other locale related
issues that are not so easy to resolve.

Amanda


2010/5/19 Akara Sucharitakul <akara.sucharitakul@oracle.com>

>  Olio has not been tested on non-english locales. For this particular
> problem, you may be able to get around by setting the MySQL locale to the
> same (Portugese/Brazil). However, you may run into many other locale-related
> issues. I suggest setting your system locale to English/US before starting.
> Check your environment variables. Also, if Debian is close to Ubuntu, you
> can also configure it from the Preferences or Administration menu.
>
> -Akara
>
> On 05/19/10 01:21 PM, Bruno Guimarães Sousa wrote:
>
> Thanks for replying!
> I don't know how to check if my system is using a European locale. My
> debian is a brazillian instalation, and here in Brazil we write down float
> numbers like this:
> 1/2 = 0,5
>
> and NOT like this:
> 1/2 = 0.5
>
> My goal is to use Olio + Faban in order to benchmark rails web servers.
>
> Downloaded faban from
> http://faban.sunsource.net/downloads/faban-kit-1.0.tar.gz
> And downloaded Olio from
> http://ftp.unicamp.br/pub/apache/incubator/olio/0.2/apache-olio-rails-src-0.2.tar.gz
> Following instructions from
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/olio/tags/0.2-final/docs/rails_setup.html
>
> How can I fix that?
>
> regards
> --
> Bruno Guimarães Sousa
> www.ifba.edu.br
> PONTONET - DGTI - IFBA
> Ciência da Computação UFBA
> Registered Linux user #465914
>
>
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Akara Sucharitakul <
> akara.sucharitakul@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Apache email bounced back with some issues so I'm sending this to you
>> directly...
>>
>> Hi Bruno,
>>
>> Just to separate things out, the dbloader is not part of Faban.
>>
>> The formatting of the decimal value looks really odd. -27,905504. This
>> seems to be formatted according to some European locale. Is any of your
>> systems using a European locale? Thanks.
>>
>> -Akara
>>
>>
>>
>> On 05/19/10 11:42 AM, Bruno Guimarães Sousa wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>> I'm using Debian Squeeze, Olio 0.2 (rails version) and Mysql  5.1.45-1.
>> After running "*rake db:create*" and "*rake db:migrate*", *dbloader.sh*is executed
and:
>>
>> # ./dbloader.sh 192.168.0.12 50
>> 19/05/2010 00:41:34 org.apache.olio.workload.loader.LoadController main
>> INFO: Done clearing database tables.
>> 19/05/2010 00:41:41
>> org.apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.ThreadConnection processBatch
>> WARNING: org.apache.olio.workload.loader.Address: Retry loading.
>> java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Incorrect decimal value: '-27,905504' for
>> column 'latitude' at row 1
>>         at
>> com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatchSerially(PreparedStatement.java:1269)
>>         at
>> com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatch(PreparedStatement.java:955)
>>         at
>> org.apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.ThreadConnection.flush(ThreadConnection.java:235)
>>         at
>> org.apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.ThreadConnection.processBatch(ThreadConnection.java:180)
>>         at
>> org.apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.Loader$4.run(Loader.java:276)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
>> 19/05/2010 00:41:41
>> org.apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.ThreadConnection processBatch
>> WARNING: org.apache.olio.workload.loader.Address: Failed to update.
>> java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Incorrect decimal value: '-33,127308' for
>> column 'latitude' at row 1
>>         at
>> com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatchSerially(PreparedStatement.java:1269)
>>         at
>> com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatch(PreparedStatement.java:955)
>>         at
>> org.apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.ThreadConnection.flush(ThreadConnection.java:235)
>>         at
>> org.apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.ThreadConnection.processBatch(ThreadConnection.java:180)
>>         at
>> org.apache.olio.workload.loader.framework.Loader$4.run(Loader.java:276)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
>> Error count exceeded threshold of 50! Exiting.
>> ERROR: Database loader exited with code 2.
>>
>> I tried the same thing with mysql server 5.0.51 and the same problem
>> happened
>>
>> What can be happening? Is it something about geocoder?
>>
>>
>> --
>> Bruno Guimarães Sousa
>> www.ifba.edu.br
>> PONTONET - DGTI - IFBA
>> Ciência da Computação UFBA
>> Registered Linux user #465914
>>
>>
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message