From Akara Sucharitakul <Akara.Sucharita...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Question about Faban/workload driver + multiple Glassfish servers
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:36:11 GMT
Mingfan Lu wrote:
> I think Olio benchmark could involve more component or
>
> One option: could OlioDriver benchmark to support involve load balancer
> that could support session-sticky such as haproxy etc... so that the
> session-sticky is done by haproxy ...

I think it makes sense going forward to have a load balancer in the
system definitions of Olio. A few modifications are needed to cleanly
support load balancers. Olio 0.2 is almost done. This could be an RFE
for Olio 0.3 - if you care to file a JIRA on this.

> One option: to use memcached to store the session to by-pass the
> session-sticky problem

This could be an option in the Olio app configuration. I know this is
well supported in PHP. I have to investigate it in Rails.

> One ugly option: using /etc/hosts to cheat the drivers that will route
> the requests to one selected server at all time.

You don't have to do that. Olio already supports driving multiple
servers directly (in a sticky manner).

Thanks,
-Akara