From Ahmed I Ibrahim <AIBRA...@eg.ibm.com>
Subject How to reuse styles from input template document? No answer till now :(
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 13:39:41 GMT
Dear all

I am in the middle of generating an important report and I really need a
help here.

How to reuse styles create in a template file in the generated document. I
am trying to get my way in the odf-simple apis but no luck. I hope some
one can help me in this.

Below is the details of my question again. I tried to sample demos, as
well as the cookbook with no luck. If you have some documentation that I
can use, that will be great.

Thanks & Best Regards / السلام عليكم

Ahmed Ibrahim
MBA ,Senior IT Architect, SWG Cairo Lab Services
BPM Client Solution Manager, MEA
IT Architect Egypt Profession Lead
Mobile: +20 100 1615 506

From:   Ahmed I Ibrahim/Egypt/IBM@IBMEG
To:     odf-users@incubator.apache.org,
Date:   03/27/2014 01:16 AM
Subject:        How to reuse styles from input template document?

Dear all,

I am trying to do the following:

I am trying to create a document doc.odt from a template of another
document template.odt

The template contains some custom styles for Heading 1, 2, and 3 as well
as Style for a table and chart.

For Heading 1, when I use
 para1.applyHeading(true, 1);

It is not reuse the heading 1 style from the template. While I use setting

the font it is applied.

It is the same problem for the rest of the styles.

Am, I missing some parts here? How can I reuse the styles (that I defined
by name) from the template in the generated text document?

I am stucked and I appreciate your help here.