From kommrad homer <kommradho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can i get rows paged ?
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2014 16:08:37 GMT
Hey there ,
thank you for the brief intro .

Well , my goal is to read all the rows in a spreadsheet document with 50k
rows. But i want to be able to do this with some paging , so that I won't
need to hog the memory. We are running web servises on an apache tomcat and
i cannot afford letting one thread use 600+MB of memory ,which is what
happends when i read a spreadsheet with 50k rows.

Just 1-2 weeks ago , i sent a mail on the other mail group of odf -dev ,
saying ""I think odf toolkit needs to support an operation of reading the
file in pages , like this project https://code.google.com/p/sqlsheet/"". I
think this kind of an approach would be a viable one.

Actually , AFAIK, MSSQL databases can use an excel document as a table ,
just lets you mount and start working on reads.