From Svante Schubert <>
Subject Re: How can i get rows paged ?
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2014 12:36:13 GMT
Am 22.10.2013 15:54, schrieb Homer Kommrad:
> Im reading a 50.000 rows  ods file. I want to just read 10 lines , but the
> whole file is loaded on the memory. Is there a way to read rows paged ?
All spreadsheets are tables and within a single XML file, the content.xml.
We are using the Xerces parser an XML push parser, I wonder if we need
to use a pull parser to archive this.
In addition is it really your goal to read the first 10 rows/columns or
do you want those with filled content?

Thinking about very huge spreadsheets. How can we handle those
efficiently. Is it possible at all in an XML model?
Or is it not a problem of the model, but of the size of the spreadsheet?
Do we have to split a spreadsheet similar as huge databases have to be

Some late thoughts on that problem, I haven't had a answer earlier..

View raw message