From Torsten Uhlmann <T.Uhlm...@agynamix.de>
Subject Re: Finding all VariableField
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:11:42 GMT
Got it.

For the record or any other person looking this up, here's a small (Scala) snippet to read
all variables and their default values.
Please note that trying to do TextDocument.getVariableFieldByName always returns an empty
field value…

val container = template.getVariableContainerElement()
val children = container.getElementsByTagName("text:user-field-decl")
var length = children.getLength()-1
for (i <- 0 to length) {
  children.item(i) match {
    case child: TextUserFieldDeclElement =>
      println("Child Name : "+child.getTextNameAttribute())
      println("Child Value: "+child.getOfficeStringValueAttribute())
    case _ =>
  }
}

Thanks,
Torsten.

Am 11.10.2013 um 18:06 schrieb Torsten Uhlmann <T.Uhlmann@agynamix.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find a way in the Simple Api to iterate through all defined (Variable)
Fields of an ODT text document.