From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency on Clerezza
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:34:11 GMT
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Ryan O'Meara
<romeara@blackducksoftware.com> wrote:
> Would this do the same thing, with standard Java libraries? I found it with a quick search
(http://wills-tech-notes.blogspot.com/2010/09/uri-encoding-in-java.html)

So I tried that, and removed the Clerezza dependency from the pom.xml.
 It compiled fine but then I got other unresolved dependencies, for
java-rdfa and some ICU stuff.  So it looks like the Clerezza
dependency was bringing in some other dependencies that other parts of
ODFDOM depend on.

So rather than remove Clerezza altogether, I think the trick will be
to avoid it in runtime paths where it is not needed.  So it will be a
compile-time dependency for anyone rebuilding the Toolkit, but we
should minimize the number of places where the classloader looks for
it at runtime.

Another option we've discussed is to distribute an all-inclusive
dependencies.jar that contains all the classes you need.  This helps
in some cases.  But doesn't help so much in, say, a Java application
server, where you might have some of these classes already on the
classpath.

Regards,

-Rob