From Ian C <...@amham.net>
Subject Re: Getting bold text from Paragraph
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:09:49 GMT
Hi,

check out the TextExtractor class it uses the visitor pattern to grab the
text from child elements.

I seem to remember a example in the cookbook.

I think your bold text may be ignored because it is in a span element
within a paragraph, so your code will not see it.

Cheers,

Ian

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013, Yago Quiñoy Lobariñas <yquinoy@indenova.com>
wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've loaded a odt file in my Java code and im trying to get all document
text with SimpleApi.

> The problem comes when some middle text is marked as bold text. SimpleApi
ignores it and just shows the rest of the paragraph's text.

> Here is the code:
>
> {CODE}
> String allText = "";
>         try {
>             TextDocument odt = TextDocument.loadDocument(docPath);
>
>             Iterator<Paragraph> ip = odt.getParagraphIterator();
>
>             while (ip.hasNext()) {
>
>                 Paragraph paragraph = ip.next();
>
>                 //All text in paragraph
>                 allText = paragraph.getTextContent();
>                 System.out.println(allText);
>
>                 //I'm checking paragraph to ensure that there is my bold
text.
>                 TextParagraphElementBase domp = paragraph.getOdfElement();
>                 System.out.println(domp.toString());
>
>             }
>
>         } catch (Exception ex) {
>             ex.printStackTrace();
>         }
> {CODE:END}
>
> An here is the output.
>
> aaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccc
> <text:p text:style-name="Standard">aaaaaaaaaaaaaa<text:span
text:style-name="T1">bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb</text:span>cccccccccccccc</text:p>

> Thanks
> --
> Yago Quiñoy Lobariñas
> Área de desarrollo
> INDENOVA S.L.
> P.I. Vara de Quart
> C/Dels Traginers 14, 2º planta izq.
> 46014 Valencia
> Tel.(34) 96 381 99 47
>
> yquinoy@indenova.com <mailto:yquinoy@indenova.com>
> www.indenova.com <http://www.indenova.com/>
>
> *RESPETEMOS EL MEDIO AMBIENTE*:¿Necesita realmente imprimir este email?
> *PLEASE RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT*: Do you really need to print this email?
> *CONFIDENCIALIDAD*: Este email es confidencial y para uso exclusivo de su
destinatario.
> *CONFIDENTIALITY*: This email is confidential and for the exclusive use
of its addressee.

> Descargue el visor gratuito de archivos firmados electrónicamente eSigna
Viewer:
> http://www.indenova.com/eSignaViewer.php

Cheers,

Ian C