From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Set font per column or table in sheardsheet documents
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:36:45 GMT
The quick answer is, that the setting of a font is not possible at a
column or table in ODF. But usability functionality might be added, at
the Simple API, yet not existing.

In the following how someone can double check such a question:

In the definition of the ODF 1.2 XML, the RelaxNG grammar ODF 1.2 schema
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-schema.rng

The following constrained for styles from columns and tables are explained
<group>
    <attribute name="style:family">
        <value>table</value>
    </attribute>
    <optional>
        <ref name="style-table-properties"/>
    </optional>
</group>
<group>
    <attribute name="style:family">
        <value>table-column</value>
    </attribute>
    <optional>
        <ref name="style-table-column-properties"/>
    </optional>
</group>

When in doubt the family name is mentioned in the spec
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#a16_36Table_Styles
or open the XML file with an editor (I use JEdit with the Archive
extension to open the XML from the ZIP, using XML Indent extension to
indent the XML with a keyboard shortcut)

The possible style properties of a table can easily be seen at:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#element-style_table-properties

>From a column at:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#element-style_table-column-properties

As you see from the references above, there is no Font style (i.e.
fo:style-name
<http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#property-fo_font-style>)
is possible to be set at table/column. Q.E.D. ;)

But someone could of course add some usability functionality to handle
the font of the overall table.
Similar like OOXML border styles given at the table itself have to be
mapped to every cell in ODF.

Best regards,
Svante

On 17.01.2013 17:11, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Can anyone offer advice on this?
>
> Raymond

Font class instead of cell by cell or the OdfStyle class. If not, what is the best way?

> Also, there seems to be a dead link in the Javadoc  for each instance of OdfStyle. For
instance, click on the OdfStyle link for the setDefaultCellStyle method on the following page.
 http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/simple/document/javadoc/index.html..