From Tom Glastonbury <t...@zanyants.com>
Subject Required <style:font-face> elements not copied by org.odftoolkit.simple.SpreadsheetDocument.appendSheet(...)
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:10:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if I should post this here, or simply file a bug report - this
is my first contact with the odftoolkit community.

Procedure:

Using LibreOffice:

1. Create a spreadsheet with a cell containing text, and set the font to
one not normally used - eg, Comic Sans. Save the document to a file. I'll
refer to this as the source document.

Using OdfToolkit-0.5-incubating:

2. Load the source SpreadsheetDocument from file and get the table from it.
I'll refer to this as the source table.

3. Create a new SpreadsheetDocument instance. I'll refer to this as the
target document.

4. Call appendSheet( sourceTable, "MyName" ) on the target document.

5. Save the target document to file.

Tests:

1. Load the target document using LibreOffice. The cell does not have the
correct font, instead it's the default font (eg, Arial).

Analysis:

Comparing the content.xml from the source and target documents, the source
document contains a <style:font-face> element (within
the <office:font-face-decls> element) corresponding to the font used. The
target document does not.

Conclusion:

It appears that appendSheet does copy most referenced style-related
metadata, but may not copy or create referenced <style:font-face> elements
from the <office:font-face-decls> element.

Additional Comments:

I'm using a version of the toolkit cross-compiled to the .NET framework
using IKVM, with Xerces 2.11 and Xalan 2.7.1. This is why I've not provided
a java code example. Apart from the the issue above, everything I've used
so far works well, so I have no reason to suspect that the .NET conversion
is to blame.

Many thanks,

Tom