From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update VariableField doesn't work
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 07:30:03 GMT
On 30.07.2012 09:17, Nick de Graeve wrote:
> Hi Uwe
>

> Uwe Bosecker <u.bosecker@...> writes:
>
>> my intention is to manipulate some OpenOffice Text Document (.odt) files.
>>
>> The documents are prepared and pre-filled, no additional text has to be
>> added. The odt-files contain bookmarks and some variable fields.
>> These bookmarks or fields may either be empty or initialized with some
>> strings, date, numeric values ...
>>
>> I just want to manipulate the values of some fields and leave the rest of
>> the document untouched.
>>
> I want to do something similar. Did you find a solution for it?
How about load your template and traverse the DOM of the content.xml
e.g. via XPath?
Perhaps there is even some API within the Simple API to handle fields or
this template scenario, it might be worth to take a look into the JavaDoc.

> As a side note, this project seems quite dead. Is there somebody working on it
> at all?
Aside of me there is my GSoC mentee currently adding RDF metadata
support to the ODF.
I am currently focusing on a prototype to support the change operations
as an API.

Change operations similar to those mentioned in the OASIS sub committee:
Presentation:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=45795&wg_abbrev=office-collab
Use cases:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=45463&wg_abbrev=office-collab

In addition there are several IBM developers on the list, but I am
uncertain about their future intentions..

Best,
Svante