From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The ODF and PDF formats Simple API Cookbook are ready!
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:36:45 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Devin Han <devinhan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After collected feedback from users and analyse the report from Google
> Analytics, we found that Simple API Cookbook is a very important way for
> users to learn ODF Toolkit. You can see the online cookbook page is the
> second access port of our website, except the index page[1].
>
> In order to help users reference this cookbook easily, we decide to supply
> an offline version. So, I take nearly two weeks to complete this work.

Wow.  This is so cool !

Some comments:

1) The code snippets should probably be in a mono-space font like
Courier or Courier New.  That helps distinguish it from the normal
text of the document.

2) The footer currently says "@2011,The Apache Software Foundation".
It should be either "(C) 2011,The Apache Software Foundation"or even
better "© 2011,The Apache Software Foundation"  The special copyright
symbol is U+00A9.  In HTML it would be &#169; or &copy;

3) Maybe we include the cookbook in our doc package, along with the
JavaDoc?  (That would mean that we also include the cookbook source in
our source release). This might make sense if we think the cookbook is
tied to a specific ODF Toolkit release. This will probably be true
once we rename the packages.  The new cookbook won't work for the old
0.5 release.

4) It might be good to have some instructions on how volunteers can
add new cookbook samples.

-Rob