From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inserting document
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 03:19:19 GMT
Hi,

Now, Simple API only supports copy&merge slides in presentation document.
See this demo:
http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/simple/demo/demo5.html

But, you can reference the realization of the following methods to write
your own, see:
(1)org.odftoolkit.simple.Document.copyResourcesFrom(Document srcDoc,
HashMap<String, String> objectRenameMap)
(2)org.odftoolkit.simple.PresentationDocument.copyForeignSlide(int
destIndex, PresentationDocument srcDoc, int srcIndex)

We hope do everything, but we have limited developer... So, if you could
contribute your code back, that would be great!

2012/2/26 Knut Olav Bøhmer <bohmer@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I have several document templates that should be merged together in to a
> main document. The templates are created with LibreOffice.
> There are several ways documents should be merged together.
>
> For example, the main document template can contain a mark like this
> %%%MARKn. The paragraph containing the %%%MARK, should be replaced by the
> content of document template TEMPLATEn.odt. The TEMPLATEn contains for
> example user TextUserFieldDeclElement(s). The userfields should be updated
> from a database before it's merged in to the main document.
>
> Is there a way to do this easily, or do I have to parse the whole document
> and insert element by element to retain all style information and
> TextUserFieldDeclsElement and so on.
>
> I have done this with LibreOffice before, but I'd like to migrate to
> odftoolkit.
>
> btw: I'm new to odf, odftoolkit and Java ;)
>
> --
> Knut Olav Bøhmer

-Devin