From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on installing toolkit
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 23:00:54 GMT
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 5:41 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a Ubuntu .
>
> Did he following:
>
> Downloaded the latest source tarball from:
> http://people.apache.org/~devinhan/odftoolkit-release/odftoolkit-0.5-incubating-rc7/
>
> Installed maven from the Ubuntu repos.
>
> Used the command:
> mvn clean install
>
> output follows:
>
> Apache Maven 2.2.1 (rdebian-4)
> Java version: 1.6.0_22
> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.38-11-generic" arch: "amd64" Family:
> "unix"
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building Maven Default Project
> [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Cannot execute mojo: clean. It requires a project with an
> existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
> [INFO] Finished at: Thu Dec 29 17:35:03 EST 2011
> [INFO] Final Memory: 2M/85M
> [INFO]
>
> So - I'm sure this is a total noob question - pom.xml? Where would I
> find that beast?

Maven will look in the current working directory.  So if you
downloaded the candidate release and preserved the directory
structure, you'll need to first cd to the odftoolkit-0.5-incubating
directory.  There should be a pom.xml there.

Do mvn clean install from there.

Since it looks like this is the first time you are building with
Maven, it may take a few extra minutes to download the prerequisites.

> Thanks for your time and patience,

No problem.  Thanks for taking a look at the release candidate.