From Peter Meulmeester <p.meulmees...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OdfDrawImage from OdfTableCell
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 13:09:45 GMT
Hi Devin,

Ok, thank, I did not read anywhere that the ODFDOM was deprecated.

As a good lazy programmer I started by using the Simple API. :-)  And I
really liked the API.
But I found I could not iterate over a document and thought that I need to
drop down to ODFDOM for that...
Using the SimpleAPI I can iterate over all Tables, Paragraphs, Section but
I could not collect info according to the structure of the document, to
keep the info together.

ex:
I have a odt file from which I get information and expect the following
structure:

Header1 name-X
Header2 name-XX
Table
Header2 name-XXX

Header1 name-Y
Header2 name-YY
Table
Header2 name-YYY

I would like to find the Header1, use the "Name-X", then find and check the
next Header2, then find and check the Table etc...
Then go on to the next "Header1 Name-YYY"

I just want to do pseudocode:

Header 1.getNextElement()
Ok, this is a Header 2
Header 2.getNextElement()
Ok, this is a Table, get my info....

I could not find any examples of this in the Cookbook or am I missing
something?

thanks,
Jan