From Ashok Hariharan <as...@parliaments.info>
Subject Re: TextDocument.loadDocument() locking up in an x86_Linux_64 environment.
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 05:45:36 GMT
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Kevin Skelton <Kevin_Skelton@mgic.com> wrote:

> I added your GC to startup and removed System.gc();
> The 1,000 loop test still crashed.

Kevin --

I just ran the following (note 10,000 instead of 1,000 just to stretch
the example ) in my linux x86_64 environment  (odfdom 0.8.7,
simpleapi, 0.6.6, xerces 2.11 , Openjdk 64 bit 1.6.0_20 ) without any
problems .. perhaps its something else in your environment ...maybe a
gc bug in the version of your jvm ? :

        for (int i=0; i < 10000 ; i++ ) {
            FileInputStream fis = null;
            try {
                fis = new FileInputStream("test.odt");
                TextDocument textDoc = (TextDocument)
TextDocument.loadDocument(fis);
                fis.close();
                System.out.println("In loop " + i);
            } catch (Exception ex) {
                System.out.println("Exception in loop " + ex);
            }  finally {
               System.out.println("In (finally) loop " + i);
                try {
                    fis.close();
                } catch (IOException ex) {
                    System.out.println("Error while 'finally' closing");
                }
            }

        }

Ashok