From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Header/Footer of Simple API (earlier - Re: Is there a way to extract text on a page basis from odt ?)
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 01:36:21 GMT
2011/9/26 Svante Schubert <svante.schubert@gmail.com>

> Hi Dasiy, Hi Devin,
>
> Am 26.09.2011 08:05, schrieb Devin Han:
> >> Daisy or Devin you once implemented the text extraction for the complete
> >> document, right?
> >> org.odftoolkit.odfdom.incubator.doc.text.OdfEditableTextExtractor
> >> Is this as well accessible via the Simple API? I could not find it.
> >>
> >> In this context, when I looked for the extraction functionality, I
> >> stumpled over the method getFooter()/getHeader().
> >>
> > We supply the following, not thinking as simple as in your mind:
> >     public Footer getFooter;
> >     public Footer getFooter(boolean isFirstPage);
> >     public Header getHeader();
> >     public Header getHeader(boolean isFirstPage);
> You offer those methods on the test document. Do you believe, you cover
> full ODF 1.2 header/footer functionality?
> If not what do you think is missing. (for hint see blow)..

Something is better than no action. Most of time there is only one
header/footer, or the first page are different. It's just a start and we
need to collect the feedback from user. If necessary, we will continue work
on it. If you are interested in this feature, you can dive in it.  I would
be like to discuss it with you.

BTW: I think this issue should be post in odf-dev@incubator.apache.org, not
here. To complex discussion will make the user lost, especially for the
freshmen ;)

--
-Devin