incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Ask the IPMC to allow the ODF Toolkit to use the "alternative" release process
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:06:24 GMT
Marvin pointed out that there is another way to do podling releases
that the IPMC is experimenting with.  Under this process we as PPMC
members would have binding votes on releases, provided we also fill
out a "Release Manifest", approve that as part of the vote, and get
one mentor to approve the manifest:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

The net result is we would need to do a little more paperwork to
document our release reviews and in return we only need a single
mentor vote, rather than trying to get 3 IPMC votes.

A +1 from be for doing this.  I'll wait 72 hours and if there are no
objections I'll bring this proposal to the incubator general list.

Regards,

-Rob