incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Starting a new release vote for the ODF Toolkit 0.6.1-incubating
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:04:11 GMT
As you probably saw, we have been approved for a new "Experimental
Release Process".  This should streamline the release voting, by
requiring only a single mentor vote rather than 3 IPMC votes.  But we
need to do a little more work during the vote to document our review
of the release.

As we vote, we need to fill out this "release manifest" document in Subversion:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/votes/odftoolkit/0.6.1-manifest.txt

So, for example, if I reviewed items 1.1 and 2.1 in that list I'd
check out that file and add my ID (robweir) to the "Reviewers" line
for those items.

We need to cover all of those review items.  And it is fine if more
than one person reviews the same thing.  In that case just add your
name to the list.

You can also add comments on any particular review item.

Finally, you add you vote to the Reviewers and release votes section.

You can see an example of this, and more information here:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html

Again, we're the first ones to do this new process, so if something is
not clear, shout out here or on the Incubator list.

Regards,

-Rob