incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <fh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteers welcome in ODF Toolkit Project
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 23:10:07 GMT
Hi,

On 01.02.2014 00:31, Ahmed I Ibrahim wrote:
> Although I am new to the usage of the toolkit, however I see its great
> value and I really want to contribute. Just let me know How I can help.
> And sorry for the delay to answer.

That is fantastic, welcome!

Rob has already written some pointers to get started in a previous mail:
http://markmail.org/message/c644g67lwjbb4fxj

It all depends on what you would like to work on. Some more ideas I can
think of in different areas:

* Check that the examples on the website and the cookbook work with
recent versions and add further examples
* Improve the maven build process, e.g. by preventing the download of
the schemas over and over again:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT-347
* Have a look at the jira issues at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT and see if you can
implement a unit test that can then be used to verify that an issue is
fixed. There might even be issues in JIRA that are either trivial to fix
or are not valid anymore

The website as well as the sources are in SVN and you can contribute by
sending patches.

Regards
Florian

--