incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ideas for Growing the ODF Toolkit Community
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 16:11:36 GMT
On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Leonardo Alexandre Ferreira Leite
<leonardofl87@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ideas for Growing the ODF Toolkit Community
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm new here in the list.
> I have submitted a bug report [1], and a question about it (I'm trying to
> fix it).
> But no reply was given to me.

I think what you discovered is accurate.  What I do in my code is
start with a document template, an ODF file that has my default styles
already defined.  Then my code loads that document, modifies it and
writes out the final document.  I think it is is a lot easier to
manage styles in OpenOffice than in Java code.

> I know it was not an easy question, but maybe replying newcomers
> is a good way to help "growing the whole thing".
> And I'm sorry if I did not pay attention to some required rule...

This is a good point.

> Just a note: a new release would be great...
> I could not use the current versions downloading the JARs,
> because there are some crazy dependencies that brings trouble (I did not
> remember exactly the problem now).
> The only way was downloading the repo, mvn install,
> and declaring dependency on my project's pom.
> By the way, a "maven release" would be great too
> (using an online maven repository).

Someone (Svante?) published the libraries to Maven Central here:

http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|g%3A%22org.apache.odftoolkit%22

But that looks like an older version.

-Rob