incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Ready for a new ODF Toolkit release?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:23:55 GMT
On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Florian Hopf <> wrote:
> On 17.01.2014 17:50, Rob Weir wrote:
>> With a little push we could have a release before Fosdem.  That would
>> be good to mention there, if we had a new release.
> That's an ambitioned target but we could at least try ;)

Yes, that was ambitious ;-)

>> I'll volunteer to be the Release Manager for this release.  I don't
>> have anything I need to urgently get into the release.  I'll update
>> the copyright date, for example, to 2014.  But I have no additional
>> code planned for this release.
> Thanks for stepping in as a release manager. I hope I have written down
> everything correctly in the release guide at

I read that over.  The SVN automation part is a little scary.
Hopefully I'm not the first person to try that part of the release

> I think we need to take extra care to get the Maven repository release right
> this time. The project should now be set up correctly to do most of it
> automatically.
> I'll try to help you with the release as good as I can.
>> If anyone else has something that they'd like to get into this
>> release, please speak up, so we can give time to integrate and test
>> before the release.
> Is there still an unresolved issue with the licensing of the new dependency
> or has this been solved outside the list? This is the thread I am referring
> to:

I brought this up on legal-discuss mailing list.  The underlying
license on that library was the BSD 3-clause license.  I was able to
confirm that this was category-A.  So we can use it as a dependency.
 I think Svante was in contact with the author who was willing to make
the license more explicit in the component.   A LICENSE file in the
root of the JAR would be good, for example.

> Regards
> Florian
> --
> Florian Hopf