incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <fh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update dependencies?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:53:49 GMT
On 22.01.2014 18:50, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Florian Hopf <fhopf@apache.org> wrote:
>> I hope I don't interfere with any work you already did but I just moved all
>> the versions to a dependencyManagement section in the root pom. This way it
>> should be far more easy do update versions in the future. Everything builds
>> and tests fine on my machine.
>>

> I noticed we have some dependencies that list no version.  What does
> Maven do in that case?  Use the most-recent version?  Use whatever
> version is already cached?   Should we be explicit everywhere with a
> version?

No version is only valid if the project is a child of another pom and
the parent pom has a dependencyManagement section that contains the
artifact. The optimal solution would be if there are no versions
contained in the submodules but only in the root pom.

--
Florian Hopf
Freelance Software Developer

http://blog.florian-hopf.de