incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <>
Subject Re: Update dependencies?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:53:49 GMT
On 22.01.2014 18:50, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Florian Hopf <> wrote:
>> I hope I don't interfere with any work you already did but I just moved all
>> the versions to a dependencyManagement section in the root pom. This way it
>> should be far more easy do update versions in the future. Everything builds
>> and tests fine on my machine.
> I noticed we have some dependencies that list no version.  What does
> Maven do in that case?  Use the most-recent version?  Use whatever
> version is already cached?   Should we be explicit everywhere with a
> version?

No version is only valid if the project is a child of another pom and
the parent pom has a dependencyManagement section that contains the
artifact. The optimal solution would be if there are no versions
contained in the submodules but only in the root pom.

Florian Hopf
Freelance Software Developer

View raw message