incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update dependencies?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:46:56 GMT
Am 22.01.2014 18:40, schrieb Florian Hopf:
> On 21.01.2014 20:17, Rob Weir wrote:
>> I went through our POM's to see if we had any dependencies that were
>> worth updating.  Here's a quick summary of what I found.
>>

> I hope I don't interfere with any work you already did but I just
> moved all the versions to a dependencyManagement section in the root
> pom. This way it should be far more easy do update versions in the
> future. Everything builds and tests fine on my machine.
>
> We now have only one dependency in different versions: the
> schema-generator needs a different version of msv-core.
>
> I will now continue to analyze the poms to declare the dependencies we
> use correctly.

I suggest to use the same order as given in the example
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html

Of course everything what is valid by schema is possible, there are many
tastes and preferences, but to avoid discussions and hope for best reuse
of custom, I would stick with the given example order.

Best regrets,
Svante