incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <fh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update dependencies?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 04:27:42 GMT
On 21.01.2014 20:17, Rob Weir wrote:
> I went through our POM's to see if we had any dependencies that were
> worth updating.  Here's a quick summary of what I found.

Funny, I've been doing something similar yesterday. I started analyzing
the dependencies with the Maven analyze Task
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/analyze-mojo.html

I already noticed that we are including some dependencies that are not
necessary (e.g. odfdom uses jena-arq where jena-core should be enough).
I would continue with my checks and commit those in the next few days.

> It probably is safe to update the build-time tools (junit, rat and the
> maven plugins), yes?
>
> What about the run time dependencies?

Build time would be fine. I am not completely sure if we have enough
tests for some of the newer features (metadata) to determine if those
are working by tests only.

Regards
Florian

--