incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: How does a correct copyright is set?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:23:18 GMT
On Mon, 14 Oct 2013, Svante Schubert wrote:
> I was able to find the rules for 3rd Party software by following your
> reference, still I miss the part, where a 3rd party is required to have
> a source header (or the minimum set of locations of license and/or
> precedence) within
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

Third Parties can do whatever they want, it's their software and they can
be unhelpful if they want to be...

Before an ASF project can use a third party license, we need to check what
license it's under, and ensure that's an allowed one. If contacting a
third party about licensing, if their setup is confusing then it is worth
suggesting to them that they simplify it by making it very easy to find
out the license. They can still do whatever they want, but the harder it
is to work out their license the fewer people will use the software!

Nick